Monday, December 31, 2012

It's here! January Currently

Whoop Whoop, The January Currently is up and alive.  I've only been a part of this little bloggy tradition for about 3 months but I already look forward to it at the beginning of each month!  Be sure to head over to Farley's Blog & Link up!


Listening...I can't lie.. NYE is not my favorite holiday.  I am NOT a night person by any means.  I love my sleep!  But I figure I should at least somewhat join in the festivities and watching the Rockin' Bash is good enough for me.  One of these years, I swear I will be a part of the big party in NYC.  I have to cross that one off my bucket list, but not this year.  Justin & I probably would be celebrating with a few coworkers if it wasn't for this terrible cold/sore throat we both have!

Loving... Teaching at a year round school!  It means I get the rest of the week off while most people have to go back on Wednesday or Thursday.  I don't think I could ever go back to a traditional schedule.

Thinking... I'd like to do less "wingin' it" this quarter and be pretty planned out at least for the first half of the quarter.  I know if I plan too far ahead I'll regret it because something with get thrown off, it always does.  

Wanting... Ice cream to soothe this terrible sore throat.  I bought some yesterday but no joke, it was gone 4 hours later- and I didn't even get one tiny itty bitty lick *Insert sad face*

Needing... to be seriously serious about getting back to working out.  It's so hard with the little time I have.  I'm so exhausted when I get home, plus I've got extra work to do...  This is why planning ahead will *hopefully* help!!

OLW... when I saw what this was, I was stumped for about 5 seconds.  Then it just came to me.  My word is confidence.  I need be confident in myself as a teacher, fiancee, daughter, sister, cousin, neice, coworker, friend etc.  Believe that I am doing the best I can and not get down on myself when I can't do something.  Remind myself I'm not superwoman and that I can't do it all, but if I give what I can and do my best, that is all I can do, and that is OK!!

So there's my currently :)  Can't wait to head on over to your blog and read about yours!


Cheers!

14 comments:

  1. We are very similar in our "Currentlys." 1)I'm not being a big fan of partying on NYE; 2) I've been sick most of this vacation; and 3) I also need to make exercise a higher priority.

    Been on both ends of that spectrum. A couch potato and ... for about a year and a half ... a great exerciser who had all sorts of energy and was at her goal weight and was eating right and all that. I've been back at couch potato and I don't like it.

    So good luck! It's worth it! It's just hard. Things that are worth it usually are.

    PS I'm a teacher librarian but I love our 2nd grade team and kiddos. ;]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss my year round school - we switched calendars to traditional a couple of years ago... I like your word - "confidence" is such a good one!

    Emily
    I Love My Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Yuck, how could you go from year round to traditional? I think the year round is so much better for the kiddos. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. I love ice cream. What is your favorite flavor? I like mint chocolate chip -or- chocolate with Recess Peanut Butter Cups.

    I am right with you when it comes to needing to exercise more. Especially if I keep eating ice cream!

    Have a Happy New Year!

    Jennifer
    Elementary School Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in L.O.V.E with Chocolate Moose Tracks! Chocolate ice cream with fudge and mini reeses pb cups! De-lish! Oh man girl, seriously.. Ice cream is my weakness!! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. I love your word confidence. It will come, but even after teaching for 10 1/2 years, it is still a struggle for me at times. I hope you feel better. Sore throats aren't any fun. If you lived near me, I'd drop ice cream at your door step. When my throat is sore, I usually make hot tea and mix honey into it. It seems to sooth it a little. I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Faith! Thanks for stopping by. It's rough because we work in a profession where we have to be such self reflectors and sometimes we can be too hard on ourselves! Thanks.. you are too sweet! I SO wish there was on on demand ice cream delivery service! Hmm... business idea!? My fiancee was nice enough to go out & get some since he ate it all on me yesterday :)Happy New Year!!

      Delete
  5. I hope that you feel better soon! I'd love, love to teach at year round school...there are just none in Ohio! Happy New Year!
    Lisa
    Fourth and Ten
    Like Fourth and Ten on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel better soon & thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm so excited to be your newest follower! I am a night owl (and definitely not a morning person), but I'm not a huge fun of NYE either.. Long gone are the days that I go out and party the new year in, but I think I prefer watching the ball drop in my pjs! :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with ya! Love to sit in my warm house, in my comfy pjs, covered in my blanket!!

      Delete
  7. Confidence is a good choice! I haven't decided what my OLW is yet. By the wya, I'm your newest follower!
    Mary

    Pitner's Potpourri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Ashley! Thank you for finding our blog and following us! We are now following you and we are looking forward to getting to know you!

    We are definitely alike! I need that same confidence and to know that it's OK that I'm not superwoman and I just can't really do it all (it's still hard though!)

    Happy New Year,
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you stopped by my blog! It's fun to have a new blog to follow. Take care.
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful blog! I'm your newest follower from Currently and let it be known that I was in bed on NYE by 9:30 p.m.!

    Jill
    Apple Bottom Beans

    ReplyDelete