Thursday, February 21, 2013

Friday Funnies

It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friiiday! Almost! I know I know, pretty much the worst song EVER.  OK maybe not ever, but I think it's pretty close.  Tomorrow is going to be a pretty crazy day.  We have a 3 hour delay due to freezing rain & snow with the slight possibility of clsoing.  Well, the kids have a delay.  There's no such thing as a delay for me, it's called "Planning time". Ever heard of that?  I wouldn't be surprised if you haven't, it's a pretty hard thing to come by in the teaching career.. I joke I joke...except not really.  Anyway- I love a quiet classroom without children.  When everything is all in order & seems perfect.  I love it almost as much as I love the buzz of little voices trying to figure out the PERFECT voice for the 3rd wolf in "The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig" and how they should perform for us.  Alrighty, on to the reason of this post...


Friday Funnies, of course!  I've been kind of a slacker paying attention to my kids funnies & writing them down.  I'm already exhausted from this quarter with all the changes & crazy weather.  However, I will share a funny from a colleague that made me LOL, seriously.. and another heartwarming moment.  

So there is this very energetic kindergarten character.  I mean if you just watching him, you'll laugh.  The things he does.  I don't know how this teacher handles him.  Anyway- one of my 2nd grade colleagues sits with him during car rider pick up and he was showing her his super cool glasses.  She was putting them up to her face, to her eyes, and looking all around.  UNTIL he all of a sudden says, "Yea, I had to keep them in my pants so Mrs. Spence didn't know!"..  Yes, glasses thrown placed gently on the table.  When we ask Mrs. Spence if she knew about this because we were just cracking up over it she says, "Oh Yes, he showed them to me and I asked where he got them and he says, ' It's a secret, I'm not telling yoooooou'" Oh. My. Word, I don't know whether I should be scared of the possibility of teaching him in 2 years or embrace the potential funnies that could come along.. 

And for my little heartwarming moment..

I have a student who I am really struggling with.  He is bigger than all of the other kids and can get quite a bully.  He has a negative attitude, is behind, doesn't listen most of the time, and has been really mean to the kiddos in my class.  Needless to say, He and I don't have the best relationship.  I am trying and trying and trying, and I think it's starting to pay off because for the sub today, they had to write me a letter telling me about how their day was and what they learned and this is what his said...

Dear Ms. Gravelle

Today we had a grat day   it was funny to day.  We mist you fare muck we mad a pargraf for you.  I cant wat for you to cume back.

Love,
Student

Talk about put a smile on my face!  Efforts = Not a waste of time! Yay

So there are my shares for the week (posted early so you have time to think & link- Ha Think & Link.. I'm like Dr. Seuss).  I hope you'll consider linking up to share the funny things your kids say & do!

No comments:

Post a Comment