Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Currently & a Question

Thank you Farley over at Oh Boy Fourth Grade!, for providing me with a reason to blog!  Pure exhaustion is setting in as we approach our 10th week of the quarter and intersession creeping around the corner!  I can't even think!  So without further ado...


Yup, kickin' it ole school.  I've got my Pandora playing in the background while I'm planning.  I need to to calm me, or I might scream! :)  Music has that calming effect on me..And what better to listen to but the MC Hammer Station?  

T.L.I.A.I "Thank the Lord it's Almost Intersession!"  I am SO tired.  I mean really! I went to bed at 8:00 Friday AND Saturday this past weekend.  Sad, I know.  Luckily we've been working really hard and having lots of fun, so it's not a bad exhaustion, at least not all of it.. but it is exhaustion.  I need this 3 weeks to relax and rejuvenate!

Really Want/Need a whole entire new spring wardrobe!  If you looked in my closet, you would see a pathetic collection of clothes.  Pretty much nothing.  I should take a picture and prove it sometime.  Usually, people who say "I have no clothes" just means they have none that they want to wear.. but me, I really mean I have NO clothes. And shoes?  I have a pair of sneakers, 1 pair of falling apart flats, 2 pairs of flipflops, and 2 pairs of boots (Which are of course, not going to be in season for much longer).  I'm in desperate need of a Kohl's sale and some Kohl's Cash!

Like/Love the warmth & sun that is slowly coming back to NC!  It's been really chilly and I'm getting ready for the warm temps!!

Hate classroom disorganization!! More specifically, if my kids don't put things back where I told them to 5 times.  OR if they have papers all over their desk, back packs & coats falling out of cubbies.  Drives.Me.Crazy!  

So that's my currently for March!  Head on over to Farley's Page & link up! :)

On to my question.  I am in serious need of some Reading Workshop small group revamping.  How do you all work on things like comprehension/fluency/word i.d./vocabulary with your kiddos.. and what do you do with the kid who are way above grade level?  I meet with them 2x a week, but just individually.  Should I have them in a group?  We were doing book clubs for a while, but took a break.  I really liked those & they were good at even running them on their own!  Any help is appreciated :)  




1 comment:

  1. Ashley, I found your blog through Farley's March Currently. Your blog is so cute also ( the other blog I commented on has gorgeous snowflakes). I like my design, but I think I am ready for a change soon. I teach first grade, and I am right there with you on exhaustion! I just had a snow day today...and there was no snow!!! Crazy, huh? I live in PA, and we were supposed to get a ton of snow, but it never happened.
    I saw your ? about Reading Workshop. I just finished a Daily 5/CAFE grad class, and it was AMAZING!!! Now that it's over, I am starting to blog about what I learned and how it has totally transformed my teaching (Reading Workshop included). Come over to my blog and check it out. I'm your newest follower.
    -Jen
    www.thatfirstgradeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete