Monday, April 15, 2013

Thoughts to Boston

I'm sitting here, watching the news, staring in disbelief.  I'm racking my brain trying to even fathom why in the world anybody would want to hurt so many innocent people.  It's sad, it's scary.. The world we live in just keeps getting worse... more violent, evil, unpredictable.  If only we could put a little more good into this world, we would be so much better off.   I think that's what we're, as teachers, trying to do every single day.  Unfortuantely, we are outnumbered by violent tv, video games, movies, etc that glorify murder, beating, and other acts of violence.  It's truly saddening and quite frankly horrifying.  Who knows what is next.  In honor of the lives lost and the the many who were injured, critically or not, I will take a night off from my normal blogging and ask that you pray for the families and the victims.  Teachers, please keep doing what you do everyday and teach your kids peace, acceptance, and how to promote the good to change the world.  Without us, I'm not sure where we would be today.

1 comment: