Friday, July 12, 2013

Liebster Award! Woo Woooo

Baby, baby, baby, oooooh.  Something about "liebster" makes me want to sing some Beiber!! :) Hooray, I was nominated for a Liebster award.  A lovely honor for us new bloggy guys and gals.  Thanks to Stacey at Teaching Ever After for nominating me!

Here are the rules:
1. Link Back to award giving blogger (Check)
2. Answer questions by said blogger (Check)
3. Share 11 Random facts about me (11? Oh my word I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do that) (Check)
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs with less than 200 followers (Check)
5. Contact nominated bloggers to let them know the honor! (check)

Ok here goes....

1.  Why did you choose to go into teaching?
I was actually going to become a music teacher but one day when I was in a teacher store, I saw all this fun stuff that I wouldn't be able to do in just a music class and viola, my decision to be a teacher.  I am lovin' every minute of it!2.  What are your 3 favorite books to read to your class?
Charlotte's Web by E.B. White- They {Heart} this book!  It's always the first chapter book I read about to start off the school year.
The Witches by Roald Dahl- Another favorite.  I love the looks on their faces when I read that even their teacher might be a witch and I chuckle when I see them staring at my nails and watching for my scratching my head.  "Maybe she does have a wig??"
The other one that my students L.O.V.E.D. this year was The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane. We probably could have finished it in one day.  There were sighs and whines everyday when read aloud was over!
3.  What do you do in your free time?
I like to hang out with my pup, relax with some Gordon Ramsay, and enjoy the sun.
4.  Who is your biggest inspiration? Why?
My parents.  They are the most amazing people on the face of the planet.  They have always and always will be there for me no matter what.  I could never thank them enough for all the sacrifices they've made for myself, my sisters, and my brother.  They love us unconditionally.5.  If you were stuck on a desert island, what is the one thing you would have to have (not including the essential things to survive)? Why?My Pup!! He always makes me smile and loves to cuddle so I could never be cold! I would also need Music. Can't live without it. So I guess that's 2 things (but technically music would b an essential!!)
6.  What is your biggest pet peeve in the classroom?
Dirty Tabletops! ugh hate them.7.  Why did you join the bloggy world?
I wanted to be a part of all the fun that I read everyday and share the ideas I had for other teachers to use in the classroom.  It's also a place for me to just blog about the everyday trials (Stressful and enjoyable) of being a teacher.8.  What are you most proud of?
This is a tough one...I might have to come back to this9.  Where would you go on your dream vacation?
Iceland!  10. What toy do you miss from your childhood?
I was an outside gal, I still have that! :)11.  What is your favorite song?
Right now I love anything Luke Bryan.  I've also been listening to a lot of Chase Rice.  I'm a country gal at heart!

11 Random Facts about myself
1. I'm originally from N.Y.
2. I served and bar tended for 6 years.
3. I didn't always want to be a teacher.
4. I play 3 instruments.. Flute, piccolo, and Bari Sax.  
5. I did everything possible that had to do with music in H.S. (Symphonic Band, Jazz Ensemble, Music Theory, Chorus..) I basically lived in the music room.
6. I played field hockey for 6 years.
7. I coached little league baseball & cheerleading.
8. My first job was serving ice cream.  I twisted a kick butt cone!
9. I started volunteering for /Giving to the Muscular Dystrophy Foundation when I was 10 months old! (My parents still have the video of me dropping my dollar into the pot on T.V.!)
10. I took dance classes for 1 year when I was about 5 and wish I would have continued.
11. I took figure skating lessons in college.  So much fun!

Blog Nominations


Here are my questions:
1. Why did you become a teacher?
2. What is your favorite thing to do outside of school?
3. What is your favorite type of music?
4. What is your favorite animal? Why?  
5.  Funny story from school?
6. What is your favorite book to read to your students?
7. What is your least favorite thing about being a teacher?
8. What do you like most about blogging?
9. If you weren't a teacher, what would you be?
10. What is the best teaching advice you've ever gotten?
11. Who was your favorite teacher and why?

Phew that was tiring.  Night Y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment