Friday, December 13, 2013

Shower the World with Kindness

I was so saddened today to hear about the school shooting in Colorado today.  I guess we can say, "Luckily nobody but the shooter was killed." but is that really lucky?  Yes it could have been worse, but 1 life lost is still a life lost and when tragedies like this happen it starts the questions in my mind, the ones that are impossible to answer... 

"Why?...  What happened to make this person want to kill innocent people?...  Who did them wrong?  Why weren't they helped?....  Could it have turned out differently?...."

Reflecting on these tragedies.. Columbine, Sandy Hook... makes me think about how important my job really is.  Not my job of teaching kids how to read, write, or complete experiments.. My job of teaching kindness, acceptance, and LOVE.  It also makes me think about how important it is for me to show kindness to everyone I meet because everyone is fighting a hard battle.  It helps me understand just how important it is to shower the whole entire world with kindness, because we just don't have enough of it.



You have the power to change someones world, to help them see kindness that maybe nobody ever showed them before, to help them believe that there really is love in this world.  Simple acts of kindness can go a long way.   So why not show kindness to the cashier who looks miserable as they are checking you out... maybe they are miserable because of unkind customers who argued with them about that 10cent discount... or pay for the meal of the person behind you in the drive thru...maybe they are struggling...  We can be a powerful force of change in this world.. if we just show a little kindness!!





As educators, we remember and honor our fallen colleagues and their students from Sandy Hook School. We honor them each day in our classrooms in which we continue their dream of teaching our children. We honor their memory with our service. Join with teachers everywhere in committing random acts of kindness to show our love for Sandy Hook.

#love4SH

No comments:

Post a Comment