Saturday, January 3, 2015

My Word for 2015

Happy New Year Y'all!



It's been a while since I've dropped by this blog o' mine.  3 months to be exact.  I can't even begin to describe how incredibly challenging and exhausting this year has been.  Though it's been a challenge, I'm sure it will end being one of the most rewarding!

I'm hoping to stop by more often to share the happenings of Room 208 - it's challenges, risks, failures, and successes...but for today I thought I'd start off 2015 by sharing my word for 2015.

This was introduced to me by a colleague last year.  Justin actually did this "My One Word" with his 5th graders last year and it was such a great lesson for them.  It was a little hard to pick my word, there are many that I could choose.  Balance, Health, Challenge... but after a little self debate, I decided to go with....


I have never questioned my teaching abilities as much as I have this year.  There are many days when I'm driving home thinking that I am, in a few words... a terrible teacher.  While, of course, it's healthy and good to reflect on each day - the amount of self-negativity is not and has got to change.   So this year, I'm focusing on Confidence.

Confidence in my education...

Confidence in my professional knowledge & decision making...

Confidence in my management...

Confidence in my planning and lessons...

Confidence in my students...

Confidence that even when the days are rough, I am making a difference in lives of 23 tiny humans who need me, who thrive with a teacher who has confidence in not just themselves, but the students as well.

Cheers to a great year! (The year I'm getting married- What, what?!)


What's your one word for 2015?


1 comment: