Wednesday, July 1, 2015

My {Summer}

When you teach at a year round school, you don't really get too much of a summer.  We got out on June 5th and are back on July 6th, just 1 week after summer has truly begun. This is why I so look forward to that September intersession.  Getting ready for a new year is tough, but to do it in 4 weeks is even tougher. 

This past school year I found out that I would be moving from 2nd grade to 3rd grade.  That makes enjoying summer even more difficult.  Changing rooms...changing curriculum...changing mindset. However, I did find some time to enjoy myself this summer. Enjoy a "tour of my summer" through pictures :)

I moved classrooms.  I had to move from my ginormous, wonderful,painted classroom...


to a much smaller, not so welcoming, plain ole boring room... No worries, I'll make it mine :)


I spent some time with the wonderful staff I work with.  Said "see ya later" to my awesome, amazing teammate who gets rids of spiders in my classroom when I'm too scared to. And took one last "Team Pic" with this AMAZING 2nd grade team! I don't know what I'm going to do without my teaching BFF across the hall.



I said "farewell" to a friend who was moving away. Sadsville.


I dropped this fella off at his Grammy and Grampys, and took his Grammy with me to NY.


Where I enjoyed my incredible bridal shower thrown by my mom, my maids of honor/sisters, my mother-in-law to be, and my beautiful flower girls.




Went jet-skiing on the lake and even tipped Justin and I off into the warm lake water!


Saved a turtle...


Spend some time with family...





Soaked up some sun by the pool...



And started getting ready for the year ahead. Teachers start back officially on July 6th and the kids start 1 week later, on the 13th.  Now I'm in full on school year mode!



Green Screen!





Hope you've enjoyed taking a peek at my summer and I hope you enjoy the rest of yours! :)






2 comments:

  1. You are allowed to paint your room? That is fantastic! Hope the room and "stuff" comes together in just the right way, good luck!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete