Sunday, January 3, 2016

Back to school, Back to school

Anyone else sing the song the day before you go back? Yes? No? Please tell me I'm not the only one.

Well the day has come... the last day of winter break.  I am very fortunate that I had THREE weeks off (one of the perks of year round school!).  I've done a whole lot of sleeping, tv watching, yoga pants wearing, and puppy cuddling.  It's been glorious!  

One of the things that I love about going back to school after a break is all the memes that start popping up.  They seriously crack me up!  To anyone to thinks they are negative- please chillax - they are just fun and make going back to being an adult a little easier (cause let's face it- staying in comfy pants all day and not having a dang thing you have to do is ah-mazing).  Here are some of the ones I've seen pop up today:



The last one of the cat cuddled up in bed...yeah that's me. 

Even though I get a serious kick out of these, I decided to go ahead and take a different spin on the same picture-- in an attempt to give me a little extra motivation to get out of bed, put on my big girl pants, brush my hair, and be ready & excited for a classroom of 20, 3rd graders.  Most of them I've thought about through the eyes of our students :).


Cause you know there's at least a handful who are driving their parents crazy asking when they can come back....


And your students look forward to coming to school because of all the awesome learning experiences you plan for them and they can't wait to see what you have in store for them next...

And most times, it's just more enjoyable to talk to 8 year olds...


And you know there's at least that one kid that keeps asking, "How many days left?"



Wishing you all a fantastic first day back! 


Image result for Have a stellar day

1 comment: